Aims of Our School
Our Lady of Good Help Catholic Primary School sets out to develop confident, caring, inquiring individuals prepared for the future. This vision should be achieved through equality of opportunity, through everyone realising their full potential in a purposeful and happy environment that offers varied, relevant, interesting experiences, and by pursuing excellence at all levels and in all spheres. As such we proclaim certain values to be the cornerstones to the educational opportunities that we deliver.
Like Our Lady, we live wisely, think deeply and love generously in Christ.
- To encourage the children to have respect and love for themselves and other people.
- To provide positive role models based on Gospel values.
- To provide a broad, balanced and inspiring curriculum for children to reach their full potential
- To promote positive attitudes through praise and encouragement.
- To provide opportunities to develop personal creativity and enquiry.
- To encourage good relationships with one another in all aspects of school life
- To develop an understanding of their role and responsibilities within their local community.
- To continually educate ourselves and the children to cherish all of our world and its peoples.
- There are certain key values which underpin our vision for the school and which prescribe our actions and they are:
Everything that we do and respond to must be fair and even to all
The greater the individual feels about themselves, the harder they will strive to succeed
Lead our children forward and expect them to behave in an honest, open way
Always expect the children to be proud of their achievements
To support those who are less fortunate in life is vitally important
Always give others the respect that they deserve
Treat every individual in our society with the same opportunity for advancement and care
Always praise the positive actions of each and every person
Act in a responsible manner in society
Our school community includes children, staff, parents, governors and parish community