Who we are
Our school is situated in the Wavertree area of Liverpool within the former parish of Our Lady of Good Help. The old parish dates back to the 1870s and the school was one of the first to be built in the city of Liverpool.
Now, OLGH is part of the parish of Christ The King and Our Lady. We are a one-form entry school with a superb community spirit – one big family. Our mission is provide a Catholic education whereby we teach the our children to respect all faiths and to show empathy towards each other.
Our curriculum reflects our aspirations for the children of Our Lady of Good Help. It connects them to communities locally and throughout the world – reflecting our diversity. Content has been carefully selected to inspire and engage children. By the time our children leave OLGH, we want them to be confident, articulate and knowledgeable – ready to continue their learning journey. Throughout the curriculum, they will have the opportunity to explore, build knowledge, create and present (vital life-learning skills) in a variety of fun and challenging ways.
Our vision is to have uncompromising ambition for all members of our community, and for our school to encourage and motivate all learners within an inclusive and happy environment, where we are inspired by Our Lady to love God and to love our neighbour as ourselves.
We will aim to do this by:
- Creating a calm and positive atmosphere where children can thrive;
- Delivering high quality, innovative and exciting learning opportunities;
- Providing opportunities for collaborative learning that build confidence and resilience;
- Recognising the uniqueness of every learner;
- Ensuring children feel safe, happy and loved within a nurturing environment.